Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Beginning

Spring has arrived in a very big way around here, and in a very big way we do all we can to be outside in it, with shovels and trowels hard at work, and hands happily becoming acquainted with this new yard, new soil, and new gardens of ours.  Though basically all of our gardening is still in the preparations stages….planning, dreaming, planning, pricing, planning…and oh-so many thoughts and efforts toward keeping Mr. Peter Rabbit, Benjamin Bunny, and all the Flopsy Bunnies, out of the vegetables.  It’s funny…when I read Beatix Potter’s fabulous stories I wholeheartedly side with Peter…but I am finding myself to be a determined Farmer McGregor this Spring…! 

With all the efforts toward planning and defending our garden it was so nice to take a break yesterday and plant something simple and pretty with the littles.  We started some seeds they chose for their garden and transplanted a Gerbera Daisy they bought me recently with their Dad into a much desired larger pot!  I know the weather changes, but it is difficult not to latch onto these idyllic spring days and forget all else.

IMG_9096IMG_9103IMG_9104IMG_9105IMG_9124