My little one is beginning to tell time in a serious way. As this new phase emerged suddenly one morning, we realized that there isn’t a “normal” clock in our home…anywhere. Digital clocks just weren’t going to cut it. I picked up a simple clock while thrifting for basically nothing. The only problem was that it was disgustingly mauve. Ick. Not a problem a little modpodge, fabric, and paint couldn’t fix though!
I took it apart and painted the face white. I had planned to go over the numbers with a different color but ended up really liking it all white. Because the numbers are raised they are still very easy to read…which after all is the whole point!!! I “mod-podged” fabric around the edges, put it all back together, and viola…a non-mauve clock for a very mauve price! What better way to start the week than a good before and after! (An after lunch trip to the hardware store for supplies for another project is also a great thing to look forward to on a Monday…makes all the “weekend-recovery” cleaning worth it!!!)
Happy Monday friends.