Tuesday, August 31, 2010

End of Summer Days

You know that warm saturated light that fills the late afternoons and evenings.  Warming all it touches, deepening colors and filling everything with such magic.  I love that light.  I love what it does to things.  How it changes the way that I see things.  I love how my family looks as they run and play in it.  The end of summer feels like this light all day long.  And we are basking in it!  Breathing it in.  Filling it as best we can.  Letting it wears us out in happy exhaustion. 

IMG_6567 IMG_6675IMG_6591 IMG_6660IMG_6592 IMG_6594 IMG_6598   IMG_6655  

The start of our first homeschool year is right around the corner.  But today…today it is still summer.  And quite frankly…even after “school” starts much of our days will be spent in the same wonderfully free exploration of this miraculous season…these “end of summer days”.