Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Taste of Spring

“I can’t help flying up on the wings of anticipation.  It’s as glorious as soaring through a sunset…almost pays for the thud.”

Anne Shirley (L.M. Montgomery)

When a sublimely spring day comes your way in the beginning of March I found myself sharing Anne’s sentiments and happily launched my soul into spring.  Windows were opened and fresh air poured through our home.  Lungs drank in deep breaths, little legs ran free, and bare feet touched the earth as often as they could sneak their boots off (there is actually still snow in our yard…I can’t open the barefoot season for them quite yet!  ).  It was as if they had been reunited with their best friend!  The first fairy houses of the season were built, and the “store” was opened for business!  For me, the warm fresh air breathed deeply worked to awake and invigorate my mind and creative spirit in a magnificent way.   Plans, projects, and ideas pack my mind, and new energy swirls through my soul.  It was a beautiful day indeed.

We happily soared up on the wings of spring with little thought of the thud of winter that will certainly still visit us.  No matter.  It was, and will be, worth it for as long as this spell of beautiful warmth visits these parts! 

116_8720116_8726116_8727

116_8728116_8729