Thursday, January 12, 2012

Nesting 3.2

Months and months and months ago, when I was finally, finally, feeling better from the overwhelming grossness that was the first half of this pregnancy, I dragged out from the cellar a dresser that was in need of an overhaul.  At that point, I was in need of an overhaul, and redoing a dresser in the beautiful sunshine while my children played was the perfect start!  It’s a great little piece with shelves and sliding doors, and a deep changing table on top.  It just needed a fresh look for a fresh new baby! 

IMG_0323IMG_0324

I painted the entire dresser a beautiful aqua blue and the doors a fresh white.  I had fallen in love with this pattern and wanted something of that essence for our baby space.  Something of the essence but not the price…!  I drew out and painted a little flower love for my girly.  I’m embarrassed to say how long it took to complete this project.  I just finished the last little blue flowers the other day…and let me tell you…paint them was much much easier with a  5 month pregnant belly than with a 9 month pregnant one.  Yikes!  We are in love with this little girl already and are thrilled to have something darling to store her things in.  The changing table pad received several fresh new pad covers in a beautiful soft flannel paisley.  All ready for a little bum. 

 

116_8627116_8629116_8630116_8631

You may have noticed that the dresser is photographed directly in front of a window.  That’s not where it will stay.  It’s a temporary home while this beast of  a chair has taken over the majority of the babies portion of the room in an effort to afford this mama a good nights sleep.  I never thought I would own and be so grateful for a chair such as this…especially when living in such a small house! 

116_8632