A few things my children have taught me this week:
- There are very few things a good hour in the sandbox won’t cure.
- Having the face of his father is a saving grace for an almost two year old button pusher!
- Vomit is always poorly timed.
- Grazing in the berry patch all day long is wonderful for the spirit!! (…but not so great for the diapers!! Hello purple!)
- The little girl you stayed up late
totally wingingsewing a (much desired) nightgown for, is actually an oh-so-big 4 1/2 year old. Goodbye attempted nightgown…hello sentimental mama. When did this happen!?!
- There can never be too many dollhouses.
- Keeping the chocolate chips in a canning jar rather than the bag makes them easier to get to…therefore less time to feel guilty about it!
- There are few things better than a smackeroo from a little boy. (…of course a smackeroo from his Dad is one of those things!!!)
- The fascination and wonder of children’s literature knows no bounds. I think I’ll move into the children’s library.
- When your four year old says “Mom, I really think that it is fitting that I _____” …it is virtually impossible to say no. What!!!!
- A boys hands must always be holding a truck and a dog.
- Breaking family rules to get down from the table to put on and take off your shorts for the very first time all by yourself eighteen times in the middle of dinner is absolutely appropriate! (For the almost 2 year old that is…everyone else must keep their shorts on…!!)
- True forgiveness. Again and again and again.
- Laundry may as well be embraced…it’s not going anywhere after all!
- That two of my very favorite people in the whole world are of my own creation.
What have you been learning?