Thursday, February 4, 2010

Washing Dishes

“Mom…I’m going to wash the dishes.”

As simple as that.  As matter of fact as that.  Oh what beautiful words.  I know that in the years to come as dish washing becomes a chore on her chart that it may not be met with the same enthusiasm that it has found recently.  But I’ll take it! 

 January 057

There is magic in water.  I’ve said it before…and I believe it more everyday!  Soft warm sweet smelling pruny fingered magic.  Even just a simple dish washing can calm and center a scattered little mind.  And let’s face it…with so many days restricted to the indoors by the biting cold we are all getting a bit scattered! 

So fill up the sink with warm soapy water.  Dump in some things to wash…whether dirty or not, and a handmade cloth. I’ll admit that we have difficulty keeping water in the sink at times…but we’re getting better!  We keep towels on hand and little hands take responsibility for spills.  Now watch the magic of water!