Monday, August 3, 2009

The Beginning

A few years ago I wanted to make a stuffed cat for my daughters second birthday.  As usual I didn’t want it to be ordinary…I wanted something fun and funky to suit both of our not-so-ordinary personalities.  I looked long and hard and found lots of patterns, but nothing was perfect.  Then I found it!!!  I had done a google image search (one of my favorite techniques for finding new ideas, projects, and great blogs on the internet) and saw my cat!  Once I found the cat pattern I of course needed absolutely perfect fabric…you know the kind…the fabric that literally jumps into your hands begging to be made into something.  In this case a pair of shorts that my sister was donating was exactly what I was looking for.  So my daughter is the very happy owner of a very fun, very funky, very perfect cat!  And I am now completely in love with making stuffed animals for my children.  It was just the beginning after all…! 

ahandmadechildhood110

ahandmadechildhood109

Technorati Tags: ,