Monday, February 13, 2012

Fleece Lined Baby Hood

I know I’ve mentioned before in this space just how much I love Oliver and S patterns and designs.  Her work is just so classic and with such attention to detail!  Sadly her patterns are a bit of a splurge for me, but I jumped at the chance to buy her beautiful book a while back.  I’ve made several of the items in the book and am so impressed with the instructions.   I just loved a little wool and velveteen hood featured in the book and just had to make the same in similarly delicious fabrics that I had on hand.  I actually used the same fleece  and cotton that I used on the hooded car seat blanket.  It was a dream to whip up, simple and straight forward and just darling every step of the way. 

The only problem:::

The sizing is a bit off on the hood.  I made the extra small, which is said to fit most infants up to 12 months.  It is much much too big for her now, but will likely be just right for her next winter.  I was a bit disappointed that it didn’t fit, but it’s not a total loss, and is still so lovely to look at!!! 

IMG_0830

IMG_0828 - Copy