Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Around Town…The Wayside Inn Colonial Fair

The time has arrived in this baby journey of mine, that I find myself bigger and bigger each day.  Yet, with so much more Hannah around, there still does not seem to be quite enough to go around.  Sadly, it is this beloved space that gets pushed to the bottom of the to do list and then onto the next days, still uncompleted.  It’s a sad reality.  But a better reality than the very recent past, when the only item on the “to-do” list was to make it to the end of the day with the same number of people that we started it with.  Yup…the expectations were that low!!!  Despite my lack of presence here, I have been very present in the studio, (and the fabric store!!!), which has been unbelievably refreshing and wonderful.  There are all sorts of delicious baby goodness in the works and I am so excited to share things with you.  Taking pictures also happens to be a bolded item on the “to-do” list lately!  Soon my friends, soon!

 This weekend we explored the Wayside Inn Colonial Fair and Fife and Drum competition.  The abundance of historical events, reenactments, and celebrations are one of the things that make New England truly sparkle.  To be truthful, I really knew nothing of the history and prominence of fife and drum corps in New England, and was enchanted by the variety and entertainment provided.  

I have to say, though, my favorite image of the day was of three distinguished gentlemen, representing all that is truly Massachusetts.  The very best of historical representation, and the very best of team loyalty!  Three hats that say it all!  (The cap is a Boston Red Sox cap…of course!) What I love best about this, is that no one around was the least bit phased by the juxtaposition…welcome to historical New England!IMG_0415

IMG_0388IMG_0389IMG_0394IMG_0396IMG_0406IMG_0418IMG_0420

Those are fifes in his boot by the way!

IMG_0424IMG_0425IMG_0433IMG_0430