Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Crafting: Grandkids Photo Board

116_8477

My Christmas gift inspiration was collected largely on pinterest.  It’s a weakness of mine, that I believe I share with many of you…ahem!!!  Well, that particular board of mine on pinterest reached excessive quite quickly, then of course moved on to completely ridiculous.  It’s how I work.  My pinterest board simply reflects my brain…totally overflowing with ideas and inspiration to fill my creating hours.  It’s beautiful and terrifying at the same time!!!

I wanted to share with you today an idea that is completely “pinterest”.  The idea, the process….all pinterest!  I wanted to make something for my in-laws to help them show-off their pride and joy…a rapidly growing gaggle of adorable grandkids.  I fell in love with this the moment I saw it, but wanted to eliminate the vinyl, mainly to cut down on cost.  Painting the lettering purely freehand sounded too risky, so I used this process, also originally found on pinterest! 

We were all so happy with how it turned out.  I hung it up on one of my own walls to get it away from little fingers one day and loved it there.  I need to make something like it…with different words of course…for our home! 

116_8476