Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Finally

So…this baby has really done a number on my blogging…and I’m really sorry about that.  I’m determined to do better.  But then again, I’m always determined to be doing better at something and I am still hopelessly flawed, so we’ll see how the blogging goes!  Be patient my friends. 

I am here today with very  exciting news.  No, I don’t know if it’s a boy or girl (yes, I am going to find out…and yes I could have already found out…but since we’ve been out of town for almost 3 weeks now I am  forced to be patient…!).  No, I am not all better…but I’m not sick all day every day, so we’re counting our blessings and loving the difference ginger tablets each morning are making.  So the exciting news may not seem so exciting to you, but for me it is huge.  *drumroll*  I made something for the baby.  I sat in front of the sewing machine and created something for the little soul that has taken over my body and my heart.  It was such a little thing, trivial really, but it was something.  And after the creative famine we’ve been experiencing around here it was huge.  It was almost as if all I needed was to feel a little bit better,  and make something, because now the itch to get busy “nesting” Hannah-style is growing and growing. 

I made the simplest of burp cloths.  One little burp cloth.  But that is one more than I had a few days ago…!  It’s two layers of simple unbleached muslin with a natural (and thin) quilt batting sandwiched between.  I left the edges raw and snipped them every 1/4” so they’ll fray soften up beautifully in the wash. You can never go wrong with a couple rows of rick-rack whether boy or girl…!  So simple.  Love.  IMG_0281 IMG_0278 IMG_0280