Friday, July 30, 2010

Birthdays

  105_7066 105_7103

Yesterday was my birthday, and though I never thought I would be this way…I really had a hard time swallowing the number that is now me.  I know many of you will think I am just plain silly…young…and silly.  But for me, this birthday brought me much closer to the big 30 than I am ready for.  I should have it all together by now.  I should be more.  I should be done with my childish antics!!  But I’m not…I am so not close to being put together…I am still much less…and childish antics are still quite regular!!!  It’s a disheartening reality this birthday thing.  Ah well…!

Today, however is a birthday I am much more excited about.  Today is the birthday of this little blog of mine.  And I am a bit embarrassed to say that I believe it took longer and was much more anguishing for me to figure out and create this blog than it was for my mother to bring me into this world.  I have loved this blog, the perspective that is has brought to my daily life, the friendships that have been created through it, the support it has brought, and the joy…oh the joy it brings!  I am so excited with the direction it is taking and can’t wait to show you all the changes I’ll be making to it.  It’s been a wonderful journey. 

Thanks for stopping in and sharing moments of your life with me. 

Just for memories sake, here is the very first post I made.  Back when I was still using blogger to publish…what a tricky little phase that was!  Everyone was much happier when I discovered Windows Live Writer…so fabulous!  In case you are also struggling with the limitations of publishing on blogger I would definitely recommend Live Writer.  But not that I’m one to give advice…my blog and I are still both quite young and inexperienced!