Monday, April 4, 2011

Beethoven's Wig

I think you can tell a lot about someone by their sense of humor. My mother has an uncanny knack for puns, and is entirely amused by them. As a teenager I fully believed that this trait in her was fostered for the sole purpose of my utter humiliation. I can still hear the “Muh-om”, and feel the deep roll of the eyes. I can still see the smirk on my Dad’s face and the twinkle in his eye as she cracked another pun. It was the sort of smirk and twinkle that showed he was as much amused by her amusement as in the pun itself. It is the exact smirk and twinkle that I see on my own dear husbands face as I display that to my shocking realization, I (*gasp*) have my mother’s sense of humor!

I wanted to share with you a CD we recently discovered that is bringing us great amusement. I’m not sure what it will say to you about my sense of humor…!

Beethoven’s Wig is a collection of famous symphonies given catchy and quirky lyrics and sung by fabulous voices. We listen to it often as we are out and about, on the way to the train, etc and all day long I hear bits and pieces of symphonies being sung. You know a children’s CD is truly great when you choose to leave it playing on the rare occasion you are driving alone without children.

You can check out the CD on my side bar, or browse around the main site. And today, for your viewing pleasure...I bring you a taste of this genius entertainment! Enjoy!!!






Bookmark and Share