Friday, January 8, 2010

Seeing Snow

“One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, “What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?” Rachel Carson

105_4539

Have you ever looked at snow this way? I highly recommend it. Snow is actually quite funny when you think about it! I remember my freshman year of college on the morning of the first snow. My dorm-mate and friend came rushing into my room exclaiming that snow was falling from the sky! She was from Arizona, and though she had seen it in the movies, and at the tops of mountains she had never seen it fall. She was quite bewildered and wondered what we were going to do? I calmly explained we were going to simply put on our coats and walk to class! You see…what was old hat to me was a totally new experience for her. She was seeing the snow…really seeing it…all that funny white stuff that falls in bits from the sky and piles up all over the place.

And oh is it piling up in these parts!

105_4555

105_4536105_4557 105_4537 105_4540She'd rather shovel the yard than the driveway!!

105_4545

105_4547