Friday, September 25, 2009

A New Camera Bag

Many of the things that I make arise from an effort to meet a need or solve a problem in our home and daily lives.  It is so fulfilling to find a way to meet that need using natural materials, repurposed objects, and especially my own hands.  Seeing my creations used in a way that benefits my dear family is…wonderful.  It strengthens family and home life as the center of our minds, efforts, and hearts.  Which is exactly where it should be.  Right in the center. 

Recently I met a need for myself which was fantastic…and I am loving using my little creation.  You see…my camera did not come with a case, which made it an even better deal, but made things a bit tricky finding it a home.  I had been using a larger camera bag which worked well except that it couldn’t be easily tossed into my diaper bag….which is a huge  necessity.  So I found some perfect fabric from my stash and made a new one!! Hannah 216

This fabric is left over from making a diaper bag for a dear friend and her darling little twin girls.  I love using fabric that has a story… now the camera bag always makes me think of her!  Which is wonderful!!!

Hannah 221

I traced the camera onto graph paper and made a pattern that gave room for foam padding and included a pocket for and extra battery/charger.  But nothing else…we were going for a barebones bag! 

Hannah 220  Hannah 223

I was bushwacking through making such a small bag with foam padding…so I am not going to show you that mess!  But it pulled together nicely…phew!!!

Hannah 258

Hannah 254

That button is my absolute favorite part of this bag.  It’s not functional…I used a big strip of velcro as a fastener…but I couldn’t resist adding this fantastic button!!!

Hannah 256  Now my precious little camera happily resides in a delightful bag which is easily thrown into my diaper bag, purse, stroller, etc., so it is always nearby to catch glimpses of our handmade childhood to share with you!!  

7 comments:

Suzanne & Andrew Dupuis said...

That is ADORABLE! You are SO talented!

Suzanne & Andrew Dupuis said...

That is adorable! You are so talented!

elizabeth ~ so wabi sabi said...

that turned out so cute...i love the fabric you used.

Unknown said...

yay! we have matching bags:) How i adore my diaper bag. It makes me think of you, too! I love that you just traced the camera onto graph paper. why not make it that simple? I need to simplify my sewing brain--then maybe I'd try more sewing projects.

I'm so happy you started this wonderful little blog.

xx

Unknown said...

yay!! we have matching bags! how I adore my diaper bag. and it makes me think of you, too:)

I love that you just traced the camera onto graph paper. Why not make it that simple? I need to simplify my sewing brain, then maybe I'd try more projects.

I'm so happy you started this wonderful little blog.

xx

Velvet said...

Wonderful job!! I like your camera bag! Best Buy offers great discounts on camera accessories!! I got new memory card from here!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration - I'd love to make one of my own for our new video camera. :)

Post a Comment

Comments really mean a lot to me and I love to read each and every one. If you have a specific question about anything please feel free to email me and I will reply personally.